Double Award Health and Social Care - Applied A level (CCEA)
Applied Health and Social Care is a broad and varied qualification. Students who successfully complete this course will gain the skills and knowledge to work in a range of health care, social care and early years settings. Pupils have gone on to study nursing, midwifery, food and nutrition, psychology, teaching, counselling, human resource management and much more.
This qualification is worth 2 A levels, and timetabled accordingly. In the Double Award qualification students must complete 12 units: six at AS level and six at A2.
In year 13 you will study:
• Unit AS 1: Promoting Quality Care
• Unit AS 2: Communication in Health, Social Care and Early Years Settings
• Unit AS 3: Health and Well-Being (exam)
• Unit AS 4: Safeguarding Children
• Unit AS 5: Adult Service Users (exam)
• Unit AS 6: Holistic Therapies
In year 14 you will study:
• Unit A2 1: Applied Research
• Unit A2 2: Body Systems and Physiological Disorders
• Unit A2 3: Providing Services (exam)
• Unit A2 4: Health Promotion
• Unit A2 5: Supporting the Family
• Unit A2 7: Human Nutrition and Health(exam)
The AS course is worth 40% of the final grade, with the remaining 60% coming from the A2 course. It is important to note that the exam units have a higher weighting than the coursework units.